32710 Franklin Rd. Franklin MI, 48025


Franklin Holistic Medical

32710 Franklin Rd. Franklin MI, 48025


Dr. Julian Buel, the son of Franklin resident Dr. H.S. Buel, built this house in the early Greek Revival style around 1860 after graduating with a medical degree from the University of Michigan. He married Malintha Durkee, the daughter of one of the earliest settlers in the state, Stephen Durkee.


Dr. Julian and Malintha Buel had one daughter, named Katherine “Kitty” who married lawyer, Sam Ira Slade.   Their son, Samuel Buel Slade, invented the dry roasted peanut in the building, located behind the house in the 1940s or 1950s.


The house has been called both the Buel House and the Slade House and, over the years, has been home to a barbershop, Slades gift store, antique shop, knitting shop, and most recently law offices. While the Law Offices of Rotter and Stone remain in the back building, the front building is now a home to professionals practicing holistic medicine.  As the original owners were both a doctor and a lawyer, it feels natural that it is again home to both professions.


The Old Slade House

Established in 1860

(placeholder)
(placeholder)
(placeholder)
(placeholder)
(placeholder)
(placeholder)

Pediatric, Acupuncture/TCM, Naturopathic, Integrative, Veterinary